Working in concrete poses hidden dangers. Whether it’s new construction or a renovation project, there is usually a need to cut or core a concrete slab. Encountering rebar, electrical conduit, post-tension cables, or other structural elements can be costly. It will wreak havoc on your schedule and create a safety hazard for your employees. Control Point Associates, Inc. can locate these hidden risks with our state-of-the-art Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) technology.
Ground Penetrating Radar is a non-invasive, non-destructive way to produce a cross-sectional view of objects embedded within concrete, as well as detecting voids and measuring slab thickness. Our technicians scan concrete structures in real-time, providing immediate results right in the field. The GPR signal is harmless, requiring no special permits or exclusion zones, unlike traditional x-ray methods.
- Locate rebar, pre-tension, and post-tension cables
- Identify utility cables and conduits
- Measure concrete slab thickness
- Detect voids within or hidden below surfaces
- Locate safe areas to core drill
- Locate safe areas to sawcut slab or wall openings
- Preserve the structural integrity of the concrete